Organisation: Now in it’s 9th year, Quorum 15 was established to provide an independent and neutral environment for financial market leaders to exchange ideas and formulate responses to our industry’s most pressing challenges. Membership has grown from that initial meeting of 15 members to > 200 heads of desk from leading buy-side and sell-side firms who meet every quarter in 15 Quorums spanning four continents.
Q15-SP (2017 Update)
Q15-SP was initially created for service providers considered by our buy and sell-side members to be most relevant in areas such as exchanges and trading platforms, OMS, EMS, clearing and settlement, TCA and enabling technologies. Q15-SP members join our buy and sell-side Q15 members for bi-annual executive breakfast meetings and at the annual Q15 evening event.
For over 5 years, SP members joined a sub-set of our core buy and sell-side members in bi-annual closed door meetings. However as global regulatory and market structural issues became more intertwined, in 2017 we invited SP members to take full Quorum 15 membership for quarterly discussion across all three communities
- Improve communication between Q15 members and the service providers that are integral to their business
- Ensure outcomes are strategically driven by offering membership to CEOs, MDs and leaders with strategic oversight
- Provide a continuous loop of information between key financial market participants through closed door discussion
Current members are:
- Bats Europe: Mark Hemsley, Chief Executive Officer
- Bloomberg: Gavin Miller, Global Head of FICC Electronic Trading Sales
- Deutsche Boerse / Eurex: Martin Reck, Managing Director
- ITG Europe: Michael Sparkes, Director & Managing Consultant
- Liquidnet Europe: Mark Pumfrey, Chief Executive Officer
- London Stock Exchange: Brian Schwieger, Head of Equities
- MarketAxess: Christophe Roupie, Head of Europe & Asia
- MTS Markets: Fabrizio Testa, Chief Executive Officer
- Tradeweb: Simon Maisey, Managing Director
- Turquoise: Robert Barnes, Chief Executive Officer
Q15 membership provides quarterly, targeted and balanced discussion amongst genuine buy-side, sell-side and Service Provider leaders at a fraction of the investment in time and money of a single conference. Quorum 15 is independent, self-financed and operates fairly by charging an annual membership fee. Neither a lobbying body nor industry association, we bring leaders together in frank discussion to identify areas of consensus that can be fed back into their respective associations.
Frankness is encouraged through our policy of operating under the Chatham House Rule. Fairness is ensured by our Competition Law policy which prohibits and discussion that could be considered in any way to be anti-competitive.
To ensure that topics, speakers and content of our Quorums are always relevant and the growth and direction of the firm remain fair and aligned with the interests of its members, we operate advisory boards comprised of a subset of members in each of our global Quorums. To ensure further fairness and diversity, we rotate the advisory board from time to time and maintain a Topics Register, where all members may anonymously nominate key issues they would like to be considered in any given Quorum.
Strategically Driven Outcomes
Q15-SP members join our buy and sell-side Q15 members for biannual executive breakfast meetings and at the annual Q15 evening event.